I’ve been given the Versatile Blogger Award. First off I have to thank Eddie Redvine at a Mentalists Journey for nominating me. Sometimes I forget that people actually read this blather I write on about! And it’s really really really really nice to know that people do. So thank you Eddie! And if you’d like to check out A Mentalist Journey, Eddie blogs about some of the same topics that I do, click on the Versatile Blogger image above.
So I looked up the definition of Versatile and I’d say it’s pretty appropriate for this blog. I like to call it a hot crazy mess, but if someone wants to call it versatile, I’d be happy to accept that. Here’s the nice definition from Merriam-Webster: embracing a variety of subjects, fields, or skills; also : turning with ease from one thing to another. I kind of like this definition better though: changing or fluctuating readily. You might even say that versatile means you don’t know what the hell you are doing, you move so quickly from one thing to another. That’s kind of how I see this place, although I’d honestly like to try to persuade you that it’s versatile. I can move with ease, fluidly from one topic to the next. Or I can jump around nimbly-bimbly from topic to topic or randomly fire off whatever the hell happens to be in my busy busy dysfunctional little mind. Either way, this hot mess is an award-winning hot mess. There goes my ego, getting right in on the game.
Ok…now I get to have a little fun and tell you 7 things about me that are interesting. Ready? Prepare thyself for a Hot MESS!
1. If you’re a serial reader, you’ll remember that I applied for a job…a month and a half ago or so. Guess what? Didn’t get the job! I had an interview and everything, but there was someone else who was already doing that exact same job that they hired. So…oh well. What is, is what is. And now…I’m applying for another EVEN BETTER job, tonight!! Yessah!!
2. I live in the woods on 20 acres of land. I have my own small apple orchard and even a cemetery peeps!! What’s it gonna take to get you into a plot today??? (That’s what I say when I take people for walks around my land. Hardy-har-har!! I’m hilarious!)
3. I might…might do a YouTube vlog with a friend of mine, EV. Stay tuned!
4. I keep my house really cold, like 64 most of the time. I also have my own couch for vegging out at night and it’s covered in blankets cause my house is FREEZING!! (sometimes taking a shower is not as much fun as it should be)
5. I once had a Jade plant obsession and I had like 7 small plants and then they grew into HUGE plants and then I had a Jade problem. Then I gave away a few of them (one of which keeps getting knocked over by my brother’s cats) and now I only have 3 Jade Plants.
6. My weekly dinner menu always includes tacos and most of the time includes home made pizza. Also my weekend almost always includes red wine and I recently bought a box of wine. BOX OF WINE. It was my first. I was a wine box virgin previously.
7. I used to have a cat named Rusty and he was insane and awesome. He would jump up and cling to the top of the screen door and then shake his head back and forth violently like a psycho. He had a puffy orange tail and as someone once called it, a fat face. Then he died and I cried like a baby.
And on that sad note…that’s it folks! Now I get to nominate some peeps that I really really like.
1. EV from Live Blonde and Prosper
2. Stephanie from A Life Enchanted
3. Dana from The Wonder Forest
4. Belinda from Belinda Williams Books
5. Justin from Anxiety Really Sucks!